DELPHI DIESEL SYSTEMS ROMÂNIA
Monitorig electricity consumption using e-Net® - product developed by Quartz Matrix
The client carries out its activity in automotive components production and the control over the final production cost of the products represents a key element for the competitiveness in the market.
The customer needed a system that would provide real-time data on electricity consumption, so that he knew exactly how much the energy cost represented from the production cost.
For the control of electricity costs, we recommended the installation of the e-Net® system that monitors the energy consumption at distribution and equipment level. In 2011 the customer implemented the e-Net® system in the factory for 20 measurement points targeting the largest energy consumers. From year to year, convinced of the benefits achieved from the implementation of e-Net®, he extended the system to over 900 measurement points which currently fully monitor the electricity consumption of the factory. Thus, by using e-Net®, the client has achieved effective electricity costs management, known how much the energy cost represents from the production cost and streamlined electricity costs.
Within this project, Quartz Matrix provides project management for system extensions, as well as its maintenance within a service contract with guaranteed SLA 24/7.
Electricity and complex audit for SILCOTUB S.A. factories
Silcotub is part of Tenaris company - the world's largest pipe manufacturer. Silcotub is the most important Romanian manufacturer of small diameter seamless steel pipes used in various applications in the mechanical industry, automotive, oil and natural gas, chemical and petrochemical industry, energy industry.
"We confirm the quality offered by Quartz Matrix company in carrying out complex energy audits for the three SILCOTUB factories in Calarasi, Zalau and Campina.
A Quartz Matrix team was dedicated to making measurements, retrieving data from our installations, interpreting and analyzing them. As a result of the analysis performed, for each factory, a plan of energy efficiency measures was developed. For the three factories, we were proposed 15 measures that would lead to a total saving of 887 toe / year. Thus, we recommend Quartz Matrix to other companies for energy audits, too.” (Mihai Barbarosie, Energy Manager, Silcotub)
Use of e-Net® solution for monitoring energy consumption
The factory knew a continuous modernization which involved the increase of equipment necessary in production and at the same time the increase of the production volume. Beyond the positive effects of modernization, it has led to the impossibility of tracking electricity consumption by sections and production lines. Thus, the factory needed a system that would provide real-time data on electricity consumption.
As a result of the energy audit performed by Quartz Matrix team, it was recommended to install an energy management system for the electricity distribution system to the production lines. The solution included a flexible structure for measuring electricity consumption, having a RS485 data network for: 27 electricity measuring points for distribution buses and power panels that have three-phase electronic meters, provided with RS485 serial communication.
It was installed e-Net® software application with remote access via web interface which connects to RS485 networks via IP addressable serial servers. Its installation was performed on a dedicated server, from the client's IT room.
For ARCTIC company, the implementation of e-Net® system brought only benefits and this is confirmed by the extension of the system with another 43 measuring points, a project carried out in 2016.
Carrying out complex audit
Chipita is part of the fastest growing food industrial sectors. Chipita brands are internationally known and their products are available to consumers in 56 countries, either directly or through strategic partnerships.
„CHIPITA ROMANIA collaborated with the energy efficiency department of Quartz Matrix to carry out the complex energy audit in order to reduce the electricity consumption within the factory. Following the measurements performed by Quartz Matrix engineers, they developed the energy audit and proposed 9 measures and actions plans to increase energy efficiency. We hereby confirm the professionalism and skills of Quartz Matrix team in carrying out energy audits." (Ionel Gradea, Technical Director, Chipita Romania).
Electricity and complex audit for:
- Petrobrazi Refinery - the necessary measurements were performed for the energy audit in normal operation of consumers at the level of medium voltage supply cells electrical equipment from:
- Deep connection electrical stations SRA 1, SRA 2, SRA 4
- 6kV electrical substations. On the 6kV side, measurements and recordings of the evolution of energy consumption parameters were performed for:
- 121 power transformers
- 43 power lines in cable (nozzles) thin power supply 6 kV
- 43 electric drive motors for pumps and compressors
- Cogeneration TG1 and TG2 turbogenerator group - 26.5 MW
- ASSET IV MOESIA SUD – LEA 20kv BACIU (For the electricity balance, the energy contour was established at the level of transformer substations, the local supply panels of the consumers where measurements were made on each active distribution)
- ASSET VII MUNTENIA EST – BATERIA 17 SCAIENI (For the electricity balance, the energy contour was established at the level of the local supply panels of the consumers where measurements were made on each active distribution and for the thermal power balance the energy contour was established at the level of steam boilers)
- ASSET VII MUNTENIA EST – BATERIA PARC 4 URLATI (For the electricity balance, the energy contour was established at the level of the local supply panels of the consumers where measurements were made on each active distribution and for the thermal power balance the energy contour was established at the level of steam boilers)
Electricity audit for “TERMINAL CIMENT” Cluj work point
For the electricity balance, the energy contour was established at the level of the local supply panels of the consumers where measurements were made on each active distribution at the level of transformer substation.
The energy contour was established at the level of the pumps for supply of raw material, the inputs in the energy contour being considered the measurements performed at the supply bars of the pumps.
CONTINENTAL POWERTRAIN ROMÂNIA
Complex energy audit
The outline of the audit was established at the level of:
- departures from the general distribution board
- chiller pumps
- air treatment plants
- compressor station
- plastics injection machines
- production hall lighting
- exterior lightning
- pump assembly line hall
- fuel unit assembly line